Latest Update 17th May
Following the announcement by the Prime Minister one week ago, the ACU Directors held a planned virtual meeting on Tuesday. There were thirteen items on the Agenda but the main discussion was around the Covid-19 crisis and where we are with motorcycle sport.
A separate statement has already been released by the ACU regarding a possible way forward. Immediately, I should state that this is a rolling situation and based on the facts as of the 12th May. If the Covid-19 situation gets worse, the partial release of the permit lockdown will be delayed.
Whilst small, well managed Club Trials, may be possible after the 4th July as detailed in the ACU statement, any National Championship, which obviously includes the Keedwell ACU Trial GB series, will NOT be permitted until two main criteria have been met-
• The Government deem that the whole of the UK has moved into Level 2 of the guidelines as shown below. We are currently on level four.
Level 1 COVID-19 is not known to be present in the UK
Level 2 COVID-19 is present in the UK, but the number of cases and transmission is low
Level 3 A COVID-19 epidemic is in general circulation
Level 4 A COVID-19 epidemic is in general circulation; transmission is high or rising exponentially
Level 5 As level 4 and there is a material risk of healthcare services being overwhelmed
• That the travel restrictions imposed by the Welsh, Scottish and Northern Ireland Governments have been lifted.
The ACU Directors will constantly monitor the situation, but in the meantime the planned rounds in Devon at the end of June and for Scarborough on the 26th July have been cancelled.
Next, I must state that safety of all concerned has to be the overriding factor, but if the situation allows, we still hope to run a reduced number of rounds later in the year. Organisers have been contacted to ask whether they would be prepared to run at a later date in the year.
Our picture shows Connor Atkinson (TRRS) who is hoping to compete in all the rounds again this year.